Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 17:32:40 +0200

> Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 09:41:09 +0000
> From: Gregory Heytings <ghe@sdf.org>
> cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, rudalics@gmx.at, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
>         rms@gnu.org, juri@linkov.net
>
> A rule is not a mathematical law, it's an action guideline.

That's not the kind of "rule" we are discussing here, please re-read
the thread from its beginning.  I said long ago that I'm okay with a
guideline (and we actually already have it and act on it).

The proposed rule is very different: it says that if the announcement
and the discussion didn't happen, the change cannot go in.