Re: Some more analysis of the 2020 Emacs User Survey

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Some more analysis of the 2020 Emacs User Survey
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2021 02:25:07 +0100

TEC <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I thought there was a lot of untapped potential in the Emacs user survey
> results, so I decided to do my own analysis.
>
> You may find my work here:
> https://tecosaur.com/public/EmacsSurveyAnalysis2020.html [1].
>
> This analysis was done with the intent of helping the Emacs community
> understand itself better, and which aspects of Emacs could benefit the
> most from development effort.
>
> I hope that this may be of some interest :)
>
> Timothy.
>
> [1]: You can get a few more formats by changing the file extension to
>      one of: .pdf, .org, .org.html.
Nice work, thanks!

At least now we can rule out "windows like" shortcuts are important;
since CUA mode to be the least used.

Am I reading you correcnt when I interpret that TUI = Emacs in terminal?

I am surprised in that case, since I experience Emacs GUI window as a
much better terminal, but might be just me :-).