Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2021 01:17:29 -0500

  > One of the things Richard had in mind in his proposal was "poll the users
  > and see who likes [the new behavior] _and why_".  Perhaps I misunderstood
  > what he meant, but for me "the users" is much broader than "people who
  > track the Emacs development".

I've made several different proposals.  One of them includes that step.

They're all aimed at trying to stop changes in default behavior from
getting intentionally installed without giving at least the people on
emacs-devel a chance to object before it is in a release.

I realize that sometimes bug fixes cause a UI change as an
unintentional byproduct.  That's a different issue and I am not
trying to do address it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman