What is the best server mode of an editor tool?

From: Liwei Ma
Subject: What is the best server mode of an editor tool?
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 15:07:46 +0800

Hi, Emacsers,

Nowadays, many people work from home. And what is the best server mode of an editor tool? I would suggest that Emacs can fulfill this requirement and abstract more new and young users.

I would like to see something like mosh, that it there is an emacs server running at remote, and an emacs client running locally, and the client can be easily reconnect to the server with every sessions just like running on the server. The server can record everything needed to restore a client session.

VSCode provides 'remote ssh', which is something like, but not exactly what I can imagine.

Best regards,
Liwei.