Re: Stealing minibuffers [Was: Confused by y-or-n-p]

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Stealing minibuffers [Was: Confused by y-or-n-p]
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 09:34:26 +0000

With luck, the effort to reimplement something like the old behavior will work enough that everyone is more or less satisfied. How about if we give people a chance to try?

I'm an engineer, I don't believe in luck, I believe in care. The right way to handle this problem is what Stefan said:

1. Start with the old code / behavior

2. Carefully refactor that code to make the implicit behavior explicit, and to make room for other possible behaviors

3. Add other behaviors