Re: ai_flags in calls to getaddrinfo, broader call for reproducibility c

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ai_flags in calls to getaddrinfo, broader call for reproducibility check
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:14:39 -0500

>> I suppose if we made the change conditional on some variable as Stefan
>> suggested, default enable, then people could always get back the
>> previous behaviour by disabling it. I dislike that idea because itʼs
>> more work, but perhaps itʼs necessary here.
>
> I tried your patch, and it worked fine for me (using `dns-query' as the
> test case).  I don't really see the need for a variable here, either.

Clearly we want this patch to make UDP work, but whether UDP works is
somewhat secondary: The worry is that the patch will introduce
a regression in other places.  That makes it hard to test, and that's
why Eli wants someone to take charge of the potential consequences down
the line, which may only show up in hard-to-reproduce corner cases.

        Stefan