Re: Gnus using lexical-binding

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gnus using lexical-binding
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 15:52:15 +0200

> From: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 05:43:13 -0800
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Btw, I think we could benefit from a detailed guide for how to convert
> > a package to lexical-binding, enumerating the steps to take, tools and
> > Emacs commands to use, possible problems and how to solve them, etc.
> > Somewhere in admin/notes/, perhaps?
>
> What about `(elisp) Converting to Lexical Binding'?

Is that all we have to say on that topic?

It also says "experimental" about some part of it, which to me spells
"use at your own peril".

> Should we perhaps just expand that?  I'm sure third-party package
> developers could also benefit from any details we would like to add.

I think any experience with this job should be beneficial.  Not sure
it all belongs to the manual, though, which is why I suggested to put
it in admin/notes.

Thanks.