Re: master 2c74924: * etc/MACHINES: Document that we support AArch64 wit

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: master 2c74924: * etc/MACHINES: Document that we support AArch64 with macOS.
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 20:37:39 +0000

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 03:25:10PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >  ** macOS
> >
> > -  Mac OS X 10.6 or newer.  PowerPC is not supported.
> > -  For installation instructions see the file nextstep/INSTALL.
> > +  Mac OS X 10.6 or newer.  Both AArch64 (Arm) and x86-64 systems are
> > +  supported, but PowerPC is not supported.  For installation
> > +  instructions see the file nextstep/INSTALL.
>
> AFAIK 10.5 was the last macos version that ran on PowerPC, so "≥10.6"
> already implies that macos-on-PowerPC is not supported.

Officially, yes, but some people apparently manage to run 10.6 on
powerPC. I don't know if we really need to specify that, though, given
that it's almost certainly a tiny subset of a tiny subset of people
running macOS, and they can't reasonably be expecting official support
for their project.

--
Alan Third