Re: Git master head build failure?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Git master head build failure?
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 18:37:27 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 11:32:18 -0400
> Cc: theophilusx@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> I'm beginning to think that bootstrap-clean should remove the
> handful of generated *-by.el and *-wy.el files

Why is that?

"make bootstrap" isn't for building from a pristine tree, that's not
its purpose.  Perhaps we want such a Make target, but then let's not
overload "bootstrap" with such an additional semantics, let's have a
separate target for that.  Then we will have solved the tension simply
and painlessly.