Re: extraclean and admin/grammars [was Re: Git master head build failure

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: extraclean and admin/grammars [was Re: Git master head build failure?]
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 10:58:12 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Cc: rgm@gnu.org,  theophilusx@gmail.com,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 16:13:24 -0400
>
> >> E.g. a first step could be to move `grammar-wy.el` to `grm-wy-boot.el`
> >> like we
> >> do with `ldefs-boot.el` (see patch below) to break the
> >> circular dependency.
> >
> > What patch?
>
> What do you mean "what patch"?  *The* patch, of course.

Assuming you tested that during bootstrap (which you say you never
do), and assuming there's no better way of breaking the circular
dependency, I'm okay with the change.  But please also change
admin/make-tarball.txt to say that grm-wy-boot.el should be updated
the same way as ldefs-boot.el is.  We should also make sure
grm-wy-boot.el is updated in Git whenever grammar.wy changes.