Re: [elpa] externals/vertico 5bbddb0 03/48: add while-no-input-ignore-ev

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/vertico 5bbddb0 03/48: add while-no-input-ignore-events
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 15:02:48 -0400

>> I don't understand why you do that.
>> Was the intention to add `selection-request` to
>> `while-no-input-ignore-events`,
>> or to remove everything else from it (which is what it does)?
>> If so, why?
> Icomplete does the same, but I am not sure about all the implications of
> this setting.

Oh I see.  This is bug#38024.  Thanks.
I just sent a message to that bug, you might like to see what comes out.

> Generally the idea is that the expensive candidate recomputation and
> expensive sorting (vertico--recompute-candidates) is interruptible, such
> that the UI stays responsive. The computation is started again when the next
> event comes in.

That describes the use of `while-no-input`, which I perfectly
understand, but that doesn't explain the `while-no-input-ignore-events`
binding around it which will (IIUC) make it abort whenever you focus
in/out, for example.

        Stefan