Re: cursor-intangible and rear-nonsticky t

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: cursor-intangible and rear-nonsticky t
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 17:30:56 -0400

>> The problem above is easy to workaround until the problem is fixed
>> upstream
> Yes a simple ‘(cursor-intangible t rear-nonsticky nil) seems to do it.

You might want to be more considerate of comint and preserve the
nonstickiness behavior for the properties that it places, e.g. something
like:

    (cursor-intangible t rear-nonsticky (field read-only
inhibit-line-move-field-capture))

[ This value of `rear-nonsticky` is the I used in the patch I just
  installed into `master`.  ]

>> I'd tend to suspect an interaction with some wild-west
>> package doing dangerous things)
> Your suspicions are well-calibrated.  I haven’t yet figured out the culprit,
> but it was a package interaction issue.

Even if it doesn't end up with a bug report in Emacs, I'd be interested
to know what was the culprit and how it ended up behaving that way.

        Stefan