Re: Universal/prefix argument for "other window" redirection?

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Universal/prefix argument for "other window" redirection?
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 00:01:08 +0700

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 23:12, Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> wrote:

> I don't know myself what I really want. I find myself switching a lot
> between two windows, which sometimes feels redundant. Maybe it is just
> the shortcut, C-x o, or in my case C-v o. After playing with Gregory's
> example, I am thinking of just binding the other-window to the `§` key.
> Maybe that itself will be enough for somewhat "smoother" experience.

Maybe what you want is a foot pedal that emits a ‘C-x o’ when pressed,
and another ‘C-x o’ when released. Something like vim-pedal[1] but for
Emacs.

[1]: https://github.com/foxweb/vim-pedal

Or an eye-tracking camera that focuses whichever window you are looking at.

(Me, I’m content with binding my local equivalent[^2] of s-[esdf] to
windmove-{up,left,down,right}-cycle.)

[^2]: It’s actually M-s-[frst] due to using the Colemak layout and
having two thumb modifier keys, one mapped to Super and the other to
Super+Alt. Super+[frst] switches i3 tiled windows and Super+Alt+[frst]
switches panes in whatever application is in focus — Emacs, Kitty
terminal, tmux if running in a single-paned Kitty tab.