Re: Getting ready to land native-compilation on master

From: Sujith Manoharan
Subject: Re: Getting ready to land native-compilation on master
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 23:39:36 +0530

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> If some of you have some unusual or rare or exotic system or Emacs
> configuration, and did not yet try building the native-comp branch,
> this is your chance to have a go before the merge: please build the
> branch and report any issues or problems you bump into.

Should users be concerned about the current situation in GCC ?

https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2021-April/235340.html

The above thread has statements from several core developers that
paint a rather dire picture for a simple user like me - it looks
like GCC is imploding after the recent developments in the FSF.

As someone who kinda lives inside Emacs as far as computing
is concerned, I would like to use gccemacs, but GCC seems to
be heading toward some major disruptive event...

Sujith