Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Stepping Back: A Wealth Of Completion systems Re: [ELPA] New package: vertico
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 11:11:44 +0000

I think it would be desirable to change the default UI just enough so that a code like Xref can make `completing-read` display the completions eagerly.

I did not follow all the details of the earlier discussion, and I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but is this not already possible? IIUC Icomplete for example does this when icomplete-show-matches-on-no-input is non-nil, and RET selects the first entry.