Re: RFR cc-langs.el: change syntax for @ in Java

From: Filipp Gunbin
Subject: Re: RFR cc-langs.el: change syntax for @ in Java
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 17:45:08 +0300

Hi Alan,

On 13/04/2021 10:28 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> Prefix syntax hasn't been used in CC Mode up till now, so it will be
> something of an experiment.

Yes, I saw that…  Maybe that'll uncover problems which will require
reverting or fixing, let's see.

> I now agree with you that we should commit this change, both to CC Mode
> and to Emacs.  Do you want me to do this (with your name), or would you
> prefer to do it yourself (at least in Emacs)?

What is more convenient to you?  I can commit into Emacs.  For
standalone cc-mode, I don't have commit rights.  If you regularly sync
Emacs code with upstream cc-mode (though a quick look at Emacs commit
history doesn't show me such merges), then maybe it's more convenient to
merge into cc-mode, and then it will arrive in Emacs some time later.

Thanks.