Re: Getting ready to land native-compilation on master

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Getting ready to land native-compilation on master
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:09:01 +0530

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> AFAICT, we are quite ready to land this important feature.  The branch
> was tested on several systems and is in good shape: many issues and
> bugs were fixed, and currently no known issues remain that block the
> merge.  (There's a lot yet to do wrt documenting the feature and its
> various aspects, but that can be done on master after merging.)

I have started using Emacs from ‘native-comp’ branch last week. I am
doing this for the first time and following instructions from Andrea’s
gccemacs page.

I am on macos and after launching Emacs, I get this libgccjit
error. Is this something that I can ignore for now?

Warning (comp): libgccjit.so: error: error invoking gcc driver Disable showing
Disable logging
Warning (comp):
/Users/pankaj/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-lib.el.gz:
 Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing
Disable logging

Further, there are lots of compiler warnings from different package, as I
use Emacs. That means the native compilation is definitely working.

Other than this I haven’t noticed anything that could be a blocker. My
several packages, Gnus, everything is working fine.

--
Regards
Pankaj Jangid