Re: Emacs <-> Lua bridge

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Emacs <-> Lua bridge
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 04:40:59 -0300

Hi Michael,

this looks very interesting! What did you use it for?

Do you have plans to adapt your src/luamacs.c and make it into
something that can be loaded as a module? I am quite incompetent with
C, so I can't help you with the C side besides offering encouragement
and testing...

At this moment I have these short-term goals with the emlua module:

  1. Adapt https://github.com/edrx/edrxrepl to emlua,

  2. Use emlua to help me edit the files into which I throw
     interesting URLs compulsively when I am browsing the web in
     half-brain-dead mode,

One of my medium-term goals is to use emlua to turn Emacs into an
editor of derivation trees - see:

  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/tug-slides.pdf

at this moment I have to edit them by hand, using rectangle commands
and picture mode, and some operations on them are hard to do... Note
that dednat6 has a mini-Forth inside, that is based on this:

  http://angg.twu.net/miniforth-article.html

And this may be somewhat related to the other stuff in your github
page...

  Cheers! =)
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/#eev