Re: Q: Invisible text spec + define minor mode macro

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Q: Invisible text spec + define minor mode macro
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 19:19:25 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
>> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 10:04:17 +0200
>>
>> I am not sure what is going on here. I have this minor mode defined,
>> as shown yesterday, where I just iterate through a buffer and try to
>> make certain lines invisible.
>>
>> It seems that visibility property updates only for about 2 ~ 3 pages of
>> text. When I bring text into visible portion of screen and re-run the
>> mode, it is updated as it should. Does it have to do something with how
>> invisible text is rendered?
>
> In general, text being invisible or not has nothing to do with
> rendering it, it only has to do with the exact form of the invisible
> property and buffer's invisibility spec.

After playing a bit more: if I scroll through entire file before I
enable my mode, then entire file is processed correctly. But if file is
not scrolled through, then only 3½ screen pages are processed. Has
nothing to do with regex I use, just with text being shown on screen or
not. I don't find anything in docs about that. A bug? Or undocumented
behaviour? Or something else I am missing here?