Re: Patch to vertically center line content when using line-spacing vari

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Patch to vertically center line content when using line-spacing variable
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 20:00:30 -0500

Clément Pit-Claudel <cpitclaudel@gmail.com> writes:

> On 4/25/21 7:28 PM, Stefan Kangas wrote:
>> (I would just treat the old behavior as a bug and not even add a
>> variable for it, but that's me.  Perhaps there is some rationale for
>> why someone would want to set this to nil?)
>
> Does this patch change the behavior of the line-spacing text property,
> too, or just the line-spacing variable?

It seems to affect the 'line-spacing' text property too.

> I use the line property in multiple packages, and it would break these
> packages is line-spacing suddenly added space above the line, not just
> below.

I'll take your word for it.  It sounds like I was wrong and there should
be a variable that you could set buffer locally to nil.

Out of curiosity, could you briefly explain how this would break your
use of this text property?  And/or could you link one of your packages?