Minimal recommended version of gcc/libgccjit for native-comp (was: maste

From: wilde
Subject: Minimal recommended version of gcc/libgccjit for native-comp (was: master 289000e: Merge branch 'feature/native-comp' into trunk)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 15:18:23 +0200

Hello Andrea,

As there are many distribution and systems out there supported by GNU
Emacs which provide wide variety of gcc versions I wonder which versions
are considered sufficient for the new native compilation feature.

So far I have successfully tested the feature with gcc/gcclibjit 10 and
8 but I also have some systems where gcc is still at version 6.  Even
though libgccjit is available as a package (we are talking Debian
Stretch here) I'm a little bit reluctant enabling nativ comp on the
build.

Any insights/assessments on this issue would be highly welcome...  :)

cheers
sascha