Re: Our use of the "fixed" tag in debbugs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Our use of the "fixed" tag in debbugs
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 22:08:12 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se>
> Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 13:27:04 -0400
>
> Currently, bugs are unfortunately just left open and untagged, which
> means that it can take a long time before someone goes back, tediously
> re-reads everything, and then closes it.  Using this tag more often
> could save quite a bit of time, I hope.

Tagging is tedious: you need to BCC the control address, you need to
type the line without making a mistake, etc.  It's so much easier to
just close the bug.

I'm not sure I understand what will tagging as "fixed" without closing
will gain us, can you explain?

As for closing, as long as people start arguing with us why did we
close without resolving the way they thought we should, I will leave
bugs open, because I don't have enough time for these arguments.