Re: 2a73673 Change how thread-first/thread-last indent the first argumen

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: 2a73673 Change how thread-first/thread-last indent the first argument
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 12:27:14 +0200

> I don't really have much of an opinion here -- but the old indentation
> looks like a bug to me.  If the thread-first/last community disagrees
> with this, I'm open to reverting the patch.  Does anybody else have an
> opinion here?

I don't have a strong opinion, but I'm personally not too concerned
about some churn given that "git blame" has an option to ignore
whitespace changes.  (Magit uses that flag by default, and if I'm not
mistaken VC does too.)

As for aggressive-indent, it does sound like a somewhat unusual
use-case.  I only re-indent code specifically when it makes sense.
When looking over my diff before committing, I usually double-check to
see that I'm not accidentally doing some random re-indenting unless
I'm also changing those lines, or otherwise have some specific reason
to do it (for example, if it substantially improves readability).

Just my two cents.