RE: [External] : Re: Some improvements for cl-flet

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Some improvements for cl-flet
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 00:45:01 +0000

> There's little reason to delete any functions
> from a Common Lisp emulation library, IMO.

FWIW -

I wish we'd remove all those constructs that
are prefixed by `cl-' but aren't involved with
emulating Common Lisp.  Instead, we seem to be
adding to them.  Prefix `cl-' should be only
for stuff that emulates Common Lisp.

Why people add extraneous stuff (however useful
it might be) to the CL libraries, I don't know.

(I'm not talking about simple helper things,
used only to implement things that emulate
Common Lisp.  I'm talking about things added to
the CL libraries but that have nothing to do
with anything in Common Lisp.)

(I hear the refrain now: "That ship has sailed."
But new such boats seem to keep being launched.)