Re: Unicode 13 Emoji ranges composed with wrong font on NS port

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: Unicode 13 Emoji ranges composed with wrong font on NS port
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 22:00:39 +0100

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 03:12:20PM +0200, Robert Pluim wrote:
> Hmm, the bit in font_range that does the lookup based off
> Vscript_representative_chars is working correctly, which means Iʼll
> need to look into the macOS font/display code. Given that
> glyphless-char-display appears not to be honored on macOS, maybe
> thereʼs some code missing. Alan?

I'm afraid I don't have even the faintest understanding of what you're
talking about. If you think there's something wrong with the font
handling in macfont.m you may be better asking Yamamoto Mitsuharu.

If it's not the font backend then it's quite possible there's code
missing, but I'm afraid I don't know what that might be.
--
Alan Third