Re: master 4cc4344: ; Clarify and simplify time-stamp comments

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master 4cc4344: ; Clarify and simplify time-stamp comments
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 16:19:19 +0200

stepheng+savannah@gildea.com (Stephen Gildea) writes:

>     ; Clarify and simplify time-stamp comments

I'm going through some old stuff I've got stashed in my Emacs git tree,
and I found something I was working on in 2019, but don't remember the
status of.

The main idea behind this patch (which no longer applies) is that we
could rewrite `time-stamp-string-preprocess' to just use `format-spec'.
I vaguely remember there being some corner case that `format-spec'
didn't support yet, but you've simplified the time-spec syntax a bit
meanwhile, so perhaps it's possible now.

Anyway, I'm just including the patch below -- perhaps it can be used for
inspiration, but if not, just disregard it.