Re: [elpa] New package: vc-got

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [elpa] New package: vc-got
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 10:33:39 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2021-10-17 09:21]:
> > Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 07:57:42 +0300
> > From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> > Cc: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>, timo.myyra@bittivirhe.fi,
> >   op@omarpolo.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> >
> > * Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2021-08-31 17:06]:
> > > How about keeping it out of vc-handled-backends, so that people who
> > > want could replace Git with Got?
> >
> > Git and Got are different VCS systems. Once can understand its
> > goals by reading the reference:
>
> Is that an agreement with my proposal, or its contradiction?  And in
> any case, what is the rationale?

It is just remark on differences. I don't think that people would
replace Git with Got as how I see it, Got is not replacement for
Git. It is VCS in its own. I think Got and Git could be both in
vc-handled-backends if user wants it so.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/