RE: [External] : Re: Moving kbd to subr.el

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Moving kbd to subr.el
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 14:44:16 +0000

> > At the same time, maybe I don't understand the overreaching plan.  Is
> > the idea to be able to replace any use of (kbd "M-x") with ["M-x"]
> > everywhere, including in 'define-key' et al?
>
> Yes.

Could you please remind us clearly why (a
summary)?

The person who started this thread (and with a
patch) now says he doesn't understand the plan.
That likely goes double for some others of us.

What's the aim?  What's wrong with (kbd ...)?
Is there a real problem in view, that this
plan aims to solve?

This long thread started with the Subject:
"Moving `kbd' to subr.el", with the proviso
"If this is something we want to do".  Where
are we/you now?