Re: emacs manuals: make docs (html) issue with the index.html output

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: emacs manuals: make docs (html) issue with the index.html output
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 20:30:59 +0900

https://doublet.jp/gnu/

https://doublet.jp/gnu/elisp/elisp.html/index.html

https://doublet.jp/gnu/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.html/index.html

>> It looks like (I have not checked for all the manuals) when a manual only
>> has 1 index it is output as Index.html and the ToC is output as index.html,
>> but on case-insensitive systems (macOS) the files conflict and only the
>> index is kept (presumably after overwriting the ToC).
>
> Have you actually tested this on macOS?

Yes. That's my machine.

> I haven't but I remember there was code in texi2any to deal with this exact
> eventuality.
>
> I haven't but I remember there was code in texi2any to deal with this exact
> eventuality.  If there was a node called "index" then it would be output at
> the bottom of index.html.
>
>> Wouldn't it be more sensible to call the ToC just ToC.html so that it never
>> conflicts with any concept index file?
>
> For HTTP, index.html is a special name that is the file returned if
> no filename component was present in the URL.

You're right. So that the other index that needs to be named in a different
fashion.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com