Re: Moving kbd to subr.el

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Moving kbd to subr.el
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 14:03:30 +0000

In the short term, no, but if you look at the 10-20 year horizon it seems quite doable. Whether we do manage to completely remove it or not doesn't matter very much for the benefit of Emacs users we should make it so the user and coder will never need to know about it, and for that we should actively discourage its use, starting by not supporting it where it doesn't have to be supported.

Is it worth 20 years of pain?

Which pain? With my proposal and N=2, this is exactly what would happen, in a pretty much painless way. Unless there's something I misunderstood.