Re: input-pending-p after make-frame-visible

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: input-pending-p after make-frame-visible
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 19:41:42 +0300

> From: Aaron Jensen <aaronjensen@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 11:27:38 -0400
> Cc: Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org>, Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org>,
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
>       emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Any concerns with installing the attached?

Yes: I don't think we understand what it will do, apart of fixing this
particular problem for you.  The original code included conditions
that depend on use of the toolkit scroll bars (the reasons for which
we don't understand, AFAICT) and ignored just a small group of events,
now we will/might ignore much more, and that's in the main source of
reading events.  Who knows what this will do.

I _might_ be okay with installing this on master, conditioned on some
new variable, so that if some problem reveals itself, it would be easy
to see if it's due to this change.

Thanks.