Re: Elisp LSP Server

From: Alexandre Garreau
Subject: Re: Elisp LSP Server
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 09:22:36 +0200

Le lundi 25 octobre 2021, 04:17:51 CEST Richard Stallman a écrit :

>   > > The OP was referring to being able to open "VS Code" (a version of
>   > > it)
>   > > inside the browser. It's a "cloud IDE" sort of thing.
>   >
>   > Ah. We could open Emacs locally though, using an extension.
>
> You can already start Emacs locally.  What's the actual point or goal
> here?

you cannot from webpages, yet these represent most of the usage of their
computer from modern users.  This is because of their hypertext nature: by
being heavily interconnected, they lead to some kind of addiction/
accumulation (that’s easily seen when you “get lost on wikipedia” by
compulsively reading stuff that have something little but interesting in
common).  The issue is you can follow an hyperlink from emacs (or any
software, for the matter) to the webbrowser, but more hardly from the
webbrowser to some specific function of emacs (but a new file that would be
stored in /tmp, hence limiting the usefulness of emacs in the time, since
the file won’t be there in the future to edit again), and, worse,
impossible from any software that’s not a browser nor emacs, to emacs (at
least through a hyperlink, which in most software always triggers a
browser).