Re: Entering emojis

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 23:46:07 +0200

Daniel Martín <mardani29@yahoo.es> writes:

> On the other hand, one of the most popular text editors, VSCode, doesn't
> follow these suggestions and follows the Emacs behavior: DEL deletes a
> code point, and <Delete> deletes the entire grapheme cluster.
> LibreOffice also deletes emojis like Emacs.

So perhaps we should just keep the current behaviour (or have a user
option to change it).

Two more data points: Pages (the Word equivalent in Macos) deletes the
entire cluster when you hit the key named "delete", and so does the
editor in XCode.  But then again, those machines don't have two separate
deletion keys.