Re: Tweaking the output of `C-h b'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Tweaking the output of `C-h b'
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 16:52:51 -0400

> It's not 100% feature-complete (IIRC it does not fall back to ellipses
> on GUI when there's no fringe, and it has no mouse support), but FWIW
> I'd love for outline(-minor)-mode to behave similarly.

FWIW, I find the little triangle visually insufficient, mostly because
I'm never completely sure what state it represents (or more
specifically, because I'm not sure if the icon represents the action
that will take place when I click on it or if it represents the current
state (I suffer from the same confusion with things like the mute button
in video-conferencing software)).  So I think it's much more clear if we
complement the triangle with the ellipses.

        Stefan