Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 12:59:08 +0200

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 18:34:31 +0800
>
> > Patches to make MSDOS port of Emacs 28 build will be most welcome.
>
> I have no idea how to navigate around the strange build system of the
> DOS port that appears to be sed-based.

I can help with that.  The Sed scripts are all invoked by the script
config.bat that is in the top-level directory.  See msdos/README.

> But I think I can make it work with autoconf.

Not recommended: the Emacs configury and the top-level Makefile.in
were never made to DTRT for the DOS port, so I presume you will have a
lot of obstacles to negotiate.

> Will such a change be okay for the release branch?

Depends on how many changes will be needed.