Re: Enabling native compilation by default when libgccjit is present

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Enabling native compilation by default when libgccjit is present
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 21:48:06 +0100

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao@gnu.org> writes:

> On Sun, Dec 05 2021, Arthur Miller wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> It depends on how one use Emacs of course. Personally I use Emacs for
>> almost everything I do on the computer,
>
> so do i...
>
>> and I like Helm, so there is a lot of completions and searches I do.
>
> ... and i'm also a very heavy user of completion/search in all contexts,
> but in my case it's consult/embark/vertico/mct, and i don't feel them
> sluggish or any better with nc... but maybe it's a subjective feeling
> (the memory footprint rattles me :)) and actual measurements would
> reveal i am wrong.  or maybe i should switch to helm :))

I can't tell you about that. I have been using Helm long before the completion
framework explosion and am too lazy to chase web for bits and bolts to replace
my setup and re-learn/re-configure everything. As long as Helm works well, I
don't care.

To clarify: I don't experience "slugishness"; I never felt like Helm was slugish
before native compiler either. As I tried to explain in my post,
it is not like I feel that something was broken and now is fixed, but I do
percieve noticable difference in overal Emacs resposivness.