Re: Possible XInput2 cursor bug ?

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Possible XInput2 cursor bug ?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 10:39:59 +0800

Madhu <enometh@meer.net> writes:

> (dwm doesn't have a concept of iconification but) this is not getting
> hit.  What is happening (I believe) is that the mouse pointer is getting
> warped to the top right corner -- the window doesn't have any
> decorations -- and emacs probably thinks it has lost focus, but the wm
> keeps the focus on the window anyway.

Hmm...  Could you put a breakpoint here:

  else if (type == FocusOut)
    {
->    frame->output_data.x->focus_state &= ~state;

      if (dpyinfo->x_focus_event_frame == frame)
        {
          dpyinfo->x_focus_event_frame = 0;
          x_new_focus_frame (dpyinfo, 0);

          bufp->kind = FOCUS_OUT_EVENT;
          XSETFRAME (bufp->frame_or_window, frame);
        }

#ifdef HAVE_X_I18N
      if (FRAME_XIC (frame))
        XUnsetICFocus (FRAME_XIC (frame));
#endif
      if (frame->pointer_invisible)
        XTtoggle_invisible_pointer (frame, false);
    }

And then show the output of the following command in gdb once it is hit:

  (gdb) p dpyinfo->x_focus_event_frame

Thanks.

Also, what is the value of `focus-follows-mouse', and how is your window
manager configured in that regard?