Re: New package: resist!

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: New package: resist!
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 10:36:54 +0100

Qiantan Hong <qhong@mit.edu> writes:

>> It does, but I think usually every package/component would have its
>> own store.  So I don't think that the foobar package loads its
>> complete store when accessing foobar-value-1 is no big deal.
>
> The persistent-variables facility I added however maintains a global
> store.

Oh, I haven't checked the new version.

> Will this turns out to be a problem?

Possibly, I don't know.  But what's wrong with simply having
`make-persistent-variable' receive the store as an argument?  That would
allow me to have a foo--store where all my persistent foo-variables of
my foo package reside.  If all of them get loaded at once, that's
totally ok.

Bye,
Tassilo