Re: Allowing point to be outside the window?

From: Konrad Podczeck
Subject: Re: Allowing point to be outside the window?
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 16:34:20 +0100

Hi John,

the update concerning hl-line-mode works fine. However, I observe a spill-over
between different frames. E.g., suppose  I have open two buffers, say A and B,
in two different frames. Do M-x scroll-without-point-mode, say in the frame
showing A. Scroll in this frame so as to make the cursor there invisible. As
soon as I use the mouse to make the frame showing B active, there is a jump
back in the frame showing A. Now suppose the frame showing B is the active one,
but the mouse is still over the other frame and scroll. Now any command in the
frame showing B leads to a jump in frame A. Cam these be avoided?

Konrad