Re: New package: resist!

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: New package: resist!
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 14:27:58 +0000

> If you look at persist.el (always a good idea when a package by the
> same name shows up), you'll see it has very similar aims.
> `org-persist.el` as well.
>
> So it looks like a good opportunity to see if/how you can improve your
> package such that it can be either build on top of those packages, or
> completely replace some of those packages, or replace some part of
> those packages.
My current plan is to split what’s in resist!.el into two packages
- kv.el, which provides persistent key value store, and should
  support multiple backends. My log store would be one,
  what’s in persist.el already would be one, and potentially
  SQLite3/gdbm/recutils... ones in the future.
- My persistent variable stuff is of different flavor from those
  already in persist.el, mine being more transparent.
  I hope I can let my stuff join persist-* namespace,
  and replace what’s already in persist.el with wrappers
  for backward compatibility.
  But I would need to hear back from author of persist.el
  first.

Best,
Qiantan