Re: Back from 28.0.90 to master

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: Back from 28.0.90 to master
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 08:07:02 +0100

OK,
I have narrowed it down with a fresh compile done yesterday and I'm going to report as a bug...

Best, /PA

On Sat, 11 Dec 2021 at 09:33, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 23:08:40 -0500
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> I suggest we make it easy to specify either fixed-width or
> variable-width for the mode line font, make a release with that, then
> invite users to tell us which they prefer _and why_.

The NEWS file already says how to get back the fixed-pitch mode line.

The feature was enabled on master for a limited period, after which we
will collect feedback.  We didn't yet decide how will Emacs 29 be
released in this regard -- it's too early to worry about that, anyway.

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler