Re: sqlite3

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 14:46:17 +0200

> From: Tomas Hlavaty <tom@logand.com>
> Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 22:55:01 +0100
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> But the question is, should a database be in core Emacs?
> Should a database be in the Emacs process?

We decided it could be a good idea, so yes.  Until and unless there's
serious evidence, preferably based on actual experience, that it is a
bad idea.  We are not there yet.

> What will be the consequences?

Good question.  Let's wait and see what are the answers.

> The consequences will likely be, that more and more things will not work
> without that database.

Let's not pretend that we know the consequences, let alone can judge
whether they are good or otherwise, before those consequences actually
are about to happen, let alone already did.

> I am quite curious, how this will turn out.

We all are, I think.  So let's wait and see.  Continued arguing about
this, with little or no facts to show, doesn't help us in this regard.