Re: changed dlopen flags in dynlib.c, gccemacs crash

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: changed dlopen flags in dynlib.c, gccemacs crash
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 15:26:20 +0000

Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>>> From: Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org>
>>> Cc: hx <silent2600@gmail.com>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>>> Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 18:09:56 +0000

>>> Hi Eli,
>>>
>>> yes, I think once we have verified the issue is what we suspect we could
>>> dlopen eln files as before and have RTLD_GLOBAL added for the other
>>> cases.
>>>
>>> I'll have a look into next week and report on the feature request.
>>
>> Thanks.  One (unchecked) idea is to use 2 different versions of
>> dynlib_open: one for loading *.eln files, the other for every other
>> kind of dynamic loading.
>
> Agree, 2 different versions of dynlib_open was my idea as well.

Hi all,

I've implemented the mentioned idea of having two different
'dynlib_open' and pushed that as e6b93245fe.  Contextually I've added
the RTLD_GLOBAL flag to 'dlopen'.

Note the Windows version of the new 'dynlib_open' is just a wrapper to
the old one as I don't know if something has to be done there or not
(nor I know how to test it).

BR

  Andrea