Re: Touchscreen support

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Touchscreen support
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 08:48:12 +0100

>> Other cross-platform programs I examined such as Mozilla Firefox also
>> implement gesture recognition from scratch.
>
> Hmm... that sucks.  Hopefully this will improve in the longer term,

It's unlikely -- they've instead been removing what little gesture
support that originally existed, leaving it all to the applications to
figure out.  (I had some rudimentary gesture support going in Emacs
about half a decade ago, and it stopped working as they removed those
bits from...  was it Gnome or was it X?  I forget.)

And, yes, it sucks.