Re: Motif support

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Motif support
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 11:15:22 +0100

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> If thereʼs a strong will to put it back, we can of course do so, but I
> was hoping to achieve more removals of problematic display code. If
> even such a small change is rejected, then I lose hope we will ever
> achieve such simplifications.

I'm all for simplifications -- the display code is indeed very
complicated, and the proliferation of #ifdefs is scary.

And there will always be protests when removing basically anything, so I
guess it's down to the number of protests, really.

In this specific instance, the number of protests has been small, and a
long time in coming.

But as I said, I don't really have much of an opinion on this specific
removal, so I'll let others decide.