Migrating to sourcehut - what's missing?

From: Theodor Thornhill
Subject: Migrating to sourcehut - what's missing?
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 13:51:30 +0100

Hi!

Is there still interest in moving over to Sourcehut for emacs
development?  If so, what blockers are left for emacs development?  I
just had a small chat on irc with Drew DeVault, the developer of
Sourcehut, and got some directions for at least one important issue:
sending patches as attachments for them to be rendered in the web view.

Should we assemble a general list of what is missing in etc/TODO?

For the attachment issue, the one implementing this needs to build
'lists' and 'meta' subsystems of sourcehut.  To build sourcehut, there
are directions on some blogs: [1] and [2].

I'm planning to look into this myself a little during the holidays, but
not sure how much time I realistically can spend on this, so therefore
this mail.  Possibly it may be useful if someone other than me wishes to
tackle this over the holidays?  In general they are pretty responsive
over at #sr.ht, so they might be willing to help out a little.

Theo

[1]: https://emersion.fr/blog/2021/setting-up-sr.ht-for-local-development/
[2]: https://man.sr.ht/installation.md