Re: Development Speed

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: Development Speed
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 15:47:24 +0100 (CET)

Quoting: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-12/msg01994.html
From:   Po Lu
Date:   Tue, 21 Dec 2021 19:37:57 +0800

> I was asking for evidence that Neovim has more contributions than Emacs,

In total I suspect Emacs would win since it is much older.  If we compare
recent and look at it's main repo and GUI projects it looks ahead.
We could collect github (which has built in statistics) and/or other
links and calculate but is it worth the effort?

> and that it will last.

It has been growing for a couple of years now, but who knows what will
happen...

> Thanks.  A word of advice is to not trust every article posted on an
> internet blog or social media about the internals of Emacs.  I find much
> of that content to be plain misinformation.

I intend have an article up called something like "Emacs: Facts and
Myths" and regularly link those then refute.  It could even be a github
repo for everyone to add.  I'm ok if someone beats me to it. :)