Re: Zero byte-compiler warnings in the test suite

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Zero byte-compiler warnings in the test suite
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 10:41:12 -0500

> Compiler-macro error for cl-typep: (error "Unknown type notatype")
>   GEN      lisp/emacs-lisp/pcase-tests.log
>
> Grepping for notatype leads me to:
>
> ./lisp/emacs-lisp/pcase-tests.el:111:                  ((cl-type
> notatype) 'integer))))
>
> Does anyone know what is going on here?

I thought it was pretty obvious: `c-type` takes a type as argument, but
`notatype` is ... not declared as a type, so we get an error.

The test expects the error to be signal'd at run time whereas the
compiler macro prefers to signal the error right away.
As a bias observer, I'd suggest to fix the test rather than the compiler
macro ;-)

        Stefan