Re: Development Speed

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Development Speed
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 23:13:54 -0500

  > The very first guideline is:

  >    Please assume other participants are posting in good faith, even if
  >    you disagree with what they say.

That's right.  And I'm glad to say that I did not impute bad faith to
your words.  What I said is that you were raging, speaking with
aggression, and that that is unkind.

  > > Your verbal aggression is very unkind,
  > > and makes discussing with you unpleasant.

  > > We don't need your approval or agreement, so the aggression
  > > won't win you anything.

  > > Please try to follow the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines,
  > > https://gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html.  Cooperating,
  > > to whatever extent we have goals in common, will be much easier
  > > if you do that.

Following these guidelines is not always easy.  Even while making an effort,
one can fail to do it well.  Talking with someone that engages in verbal
aggression is stressful, and stress makes one more likely to make mistakes
oneself.

That's part of the reason it is important for you to make an effort
to stop your aggression.

  > What you call verbal aggression I call speaking own's mind. It is not
  > like as if I throwed that paragraph out of the blue, there is a lot of
  > context.

What matters to this discussion is that it's verbal aggression and it
causes stress for the rest of us.