Re: Platform independent graphical display for Emacs

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: Platform independent graphical display for Emacs
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 09:10:20 +0100 (CET)

Quoting: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-12/msg02518.html
From: Eli Zaretskii

> Not only that, I'd hesitate to accept such a contribution, because its
> long-term maintenance would most probably be a constant burden, and if
> the person(s) who develop such a "native" toolkit go on to greener
> pastures, we will be left with an unmaintained subsystem.
>
> So I don't think it is a good idea for Emacs to develop its own
> toolkit.  We should use what's out there.

Please take a look, and try to understand my frustration.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-12/msg02034.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-12/msg02517.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-12/msg02515.html

It would be nice to mention this before sending me on my way to
waste time.  I should have suspected you were going to do that
but I regrettably have taken the course of assuming good faith first.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-12/msg02221.html

Also very relevant:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-04/msg00885.html